About two months ago I got a set of custom ink cartridges and Cone pigment inks for my Epson R2880 printer. I then got busy with the approaching holidays and other projects. Last night I finally got into it and installed my first cartridge.
The system replaces OEM ink, and you have the option of replacing all the existing inks at once (therefore throwing away any unused ink) or replacing the OEM tanks with the Cone tanks one-by-one as they run dry. I bought this system from inkjetmall.com
The process went okay. I was a little hesitant, but I didn’t run into any serious problems. The resulting prints looked just as good as the ones made from all OEM ink (I did a test using the same photo for consistency). Although that’s a very preliminary assessment and I won’t really know how the Cone inks perform until more of the OEM cartridges are replaced and many more prints are made.
Aside from that, I’ve been doing very little regarding photography. I’m focused on exercise and getting healthy. In the last two months I’ve lost 10 pounds. Recently, in an 8-day stretch, I rode my bike about 30 miles and also ran over 12 miles. For being nearly 50 pounds overweight, I think that’s doing pretty well
I’m also focusing on finishing a LEGO project that I started years ago. It will be a crawler crane – a 1:17 scale model of a Demag CC5800.
One crawler, center support legs, turntable, and superstructure frame are done. But there is much more to do, and I’m going to finish it this year! (sort of a new year’s resolution